Waymo said Tuesday that it has suspended its entire fleet of until April 7 in the Wake of the U.S. coronavirus outbreak, following news that Waymo has scaled back its fleet of prototype strains of self-driving vehicles in California and Arizona,media CNET reported.
Alphabet’s self-driving division said for the first time on March 17that that it would cooperate with all CDC guidelines as local and federal governments work to stop the spread of coronavirus-related disease, COVID-19. This means that any Waymo One service with a human safety driver is no longer possible.
But part of the early cyclists’ plan could still call out self-driving vehicleS without any safe drivers. The company began removing human safety drivers from some vehicles late last year. According to the latest guidelines, even self-driving cars without a human safety driver, Waymo, are out of service.
With fully driverless cars, Waymo wants to deliver services within the community, but like many industries, the new crown outbreak has affected its operational goals. The decision also suspended all testing of the truck service around Waymo and the prototype.