A small number of British people have been incited to destroy the 5G mobile tower after conspiracy theories that blamed the spread of the new corona virus on the 5G network were maliciously spread. Media business insider reported on Wednesday that 77 communication towers had been burned since early April, according to mobile UK, a British communications industry group.
A mobile UK spokesman said: “There are very few attacks per day, but they haven’t stopped completely. Philip Jansen, chief executive of BT, said 40 employees at a UK telecommunications operator had been physically and verbally attacked and even an Openreach engineer had been stabbed and taken to hospital.
There are people in the UK who believe the new corona virus is transmitted through a 5G base station, so it has burned down a base station in Birmingham (though the base station only provides LTE). And then more base stations were burned, and the damage was great.
In a joint statement, eE, O2, Three and Vodafone, the UK’s four largest operators, said telecommunications networks were important in the outbreak prevention and control operation, providing the necessary communications services and providing a bridge between separated families and teachers and students.
Operators say there is no scientific basis for the claim that the “new corona virus is related to 5G”, that arson has damaged vital infrastructure and that intimidation of engineers has hampered the necessary network maintenance.