In a previous article on this site, you’ve described tips on how to uninstall Cortana Voice Assistant for Windows 10 May 2020 (20H1/Version 2004) feature updates. In today’s article, let’s share a little trick to remove Cortana from the boot entry, and the whole step is simple.
To prevent Cortana from starting and running in the background, follow these steps
1. Open the task manager at the same time by ctrl and Shift and Esc.
2. Click on the “Start” tab
4. Click to disable
If Cortana is marked disabled, the voice assistant is automatically ignored when you turn it on. You can also remove Cortana from the boot entry as follows:
1. Open the start menu and navigate to all applications
2. Right-click on Cortana List
3. Choose more, click on the app settings
4. In Cortana app settings, turn off the “Run on sign-in” option
You need to restart your device to make these settings work.
The steps for uninstalling Cortana are as follows:
1. Click “Start” to search for Powershell
2. Right-click on the best match shown in the Start menu and select Run as an administrator
3. Copy and paste the following command and press enter to run
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 – Remove-AppxPackage
Note: It is recommended that you create a system restore point before you do the above steps.
Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10 2004
1. Click on the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar to open the Microsoft Store, or search the Store to select the best match shown at the top.
2. Click to get, then click further to install.