During the new crown outbreak, there were rumors that firecrackers can prevent infection, leading to many blindly listen to these rumors of people have made a public act of publicity. New research shows that fireworks such as firecrackers not only fail to prevent new crown infections, but also release lead, copper and other toxic substances that damage human cells and animal stakes.
Photo courtesy of Pexels
When it comes to fireworks, people are more concerned about changes in PM2.5 concentrations, as well as environmental pollution and fire safety issues. But new research suggests that fireworks can cause long-term damage in a hidden way.
The study, from New York University’s Grossman School of Medicine, was the result of a scientific team that assessed the potential toxicity of commercial fireworks. Of the 12 fireworks tested, two were found to have lead levels harmful to humans. According to the study, Black Cuckoo, a fountain-style firework, is the most toxic of these fireworks, causing 10 times as much damage to human cells as non-toxic saline. In addition, particles produced by five types of fireworks were found to “significantly” increase the rate of harmful oxidation in the body.
Although people breathe a certain amount of pollution each year, the researchers point out that the amount of toxic metal that partygoers come into from fireworks is much higher than the average level of pollution. Although people usually receive pollution from these fireworks only once a year/twice a year, people who often appear in stadiums or related venues are of particular concern.
According to the American Fireworks Association, Americans buy more than 258 million pounds of fireworks each year. These fireworks are used not only for holidays, but also for everyday activities such as amusement parks, rock concerts, and stadiums. In order to produce bright colors, these metals are exposed to high temperatures, causing chemical reactions that emit flashcolors. For example, red fireworks can be made with a moth, and blue can be made of copper.