Every year, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) alerts people to prevent fires by means of safety videos ahead of the holiday season, according to cNET, amedia outlet. The CPSC shared its 2019 safety video on Friday, including one that showed what would happen if the turkey fryer was overfilled and tried to use it indoors.
The video shows the turkey being placed in a frying pan in a makeshift garage, which is instantly engulfed in flames. Two brave firefighters battled the horrific fire.
The CPSC released the video to remind people of safe cooking and attention to holiday decoration practices.
“Please fry turkey outdoors and stay away from your home – not in your garage or on your porch,” the CPSC warns. “Don’t fill the hot pot with oil. The agency says there have been 218 fires or burns/burns involving turkey fryers in the past two decades.