South Korea’s Ministry of Education said Monday that some candidates were able to know the results in advance because of poor management of the college entrance examination website, which was originally scheduled to be announced on Wednesday,media reported. A man posted in an online candidate community Sunday that he could have inserted his score on the KICE website, according to KICE, which organizes the CSAT.
When other community members asked him what to do, the man told them they only needed to change 2019 to 2020 in the test results search section. A few hours later, other users also uploaded their thoughts.
After discovering the situation, KICE closed its test results search section Monday morning. Later in the day, the Department of Education acknowledged that the site had some management problems, and that 312 candidates had so far viewed their results.
In this regard, the Ministry of Education said that the Ministry of Education and the University Admissions Department will take full responsibility for the improper handling of the national examination.