The Debian community votes for 20 days to support a non-systemd initialization system. Debian’s decision to adopt systemd in 2014 caused much controversy, with opponents creating a branch that did not use systemd. Five years later, Debian began to rethink other initialization systems other than systemd.
The poll contains a total of 8 options:
- Continue to focus on systemd;
- Systemd but at the same time explore alternatives;
- It is important to support multiple initialization systems;
- Support non-systemd initialization systems, but avoid stymied progress;
- Support portability and avoid obstacles to progress;
- Support for multiple initialization systems is necessary;
- Support for portability and multiple initialization systems;
- Further discussion.