Study shows that nearly 8 out of every 10 users have forgotten their password and need to reset it

Although some companies advocate using password-free features, most users still rely on passwords to protect their accounts. Research conducted by HYPR in the United States and Canada over the past two and a half years has shown that the way Internet users manage passwords in their personal lives and lives is worrying.

Of the 500 respondents, no less than 78 percent said they had to reset their password sits on their personal account at least once in the past 90 days, while 57 percent said their work account needed to reset the password.

Equally worrying is the fact that too many people rely on digital and physical lists to manage passwords. For personal accounts, 65 percent of users said they did have a password list, and only 30 percent had a dedicated password manager installed on the device. When forced to update a password, 49 percent of respondents said they made only minor changes to their previous passwords because it was easier to remember. In addition, only 28% of users created unique passwords. The remaining 72% of users use the same password for multiple accounts.

The study also showed that no less than 35 percent of users said they kept passwords in unprotected files on their computers, such as Excel spreadsheets or text documents.

Study shows that nearly 8 out of every 10 users have forgotten their password and need to reset it

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *