A 7-year-old boy accidentally swallowed an AirPod and was taken to the emergency room for examination.

Dicarber County, Georgia — A 7-year-old Georgia boy was forced to seek medical help after swallowing an Apple AirPod,media reported. According to WSB-TV, the boy received AirPods as a Christmas present. He accidentally swallowed the device when he put the longer part of the device in his mouth.

A 7-year-old boy accidentally swallowed an AirPod and was taken to the emergency room for examination.

His mother, Kiara Stroud, took him to the emergency room, where doctors took X-rays of the child. Doctors can see the wireless headphones located under his ribs.

“We actually saw it because it had metal in it, so we could see it in the X-ray and I thought, ‘This boy really swallowed his AirPod!’ Stroud told the news media.

The doctor assured the family that the boy was in good condition and decided to let AirPod drain his body on his own.

Stroud says she will stick to old-fashioned headphones until her son grows up. She also hopes her story will be an eye-opener for other parents, and says she never thought her child would swallow such things.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *