Foreign media singing decay Chrome OS: The release decade has stalled

It may be hard to believe, but it has to be said that Google’s Chrome OS operating system has been in development for more than a decade. The Linux-based cloud operating system was originally released in June 2009, but the first commercial devices were not available until July 2011. David Ruddock, editor-in-chief ofmedia Android Police, recently shared his thoughts on the system in an opinion piece called “Chrome OS Has stalled out”.

Media singing decay Chrome OS: The release decade has stalled

Three main reasons are listed in this review, including the fact that the introduction of support for Android and Linux apps cannot be too late to mask the lack of native apps;

Bad application solutions

The original idea of introducing support for Android and Linux apps in the first place was good, and Google wanted to open up barriers between platforms to greatly enrich the chrome OS app ecology. Yet after five years of polishing, the solution has yet to deliver a response that has satisfied both developers and consumers.

Media singing decay Chrome OS: The release decade has stalled

Chrome OS users can only operate in an Android environment designed for a 6-inch touch screen, and these applications exist in a containerized state, resulting in a nightmare file processing. These applications can only access a very limited number of folders, and the task of finding them from within them is the equivalent of walking a maze, which is intolerable for consumers who are already in the 2020s.

In a sense, Chromebooks are not as cheap netbooks as PC makers built a decade ago. Chrome OS still doesn’t have a built-in photo editor or solution for lightweight audio/video editing, forcing users to look for web-based or Android-based alternatives.

“Even if I can do 95 per cent of my work on a Chromebook, I still need to use other devices for the remaining 5 per cent,” says Ruddock. For other regular users, this is well over 5%. “

Behind-the-ground functions

Ruddock also points out that Chromebooks lag far behind Windows notebooks in terms of basic features, with no desktop customization (users can’t place any folder or shortcut sits on the Chrome OS desktop), Dark mode, internet connectivity, and more. Chrome OS also lacks the ability to mirror notifications from Android phones.

Media singing decay Chrome OS: The release decade has stalled

On the Windows 10 platform, Microsoft’s Your Phone app allows you to sync files, photos, and make phone calls between Android phones and Windows 10 devices. Although biometric authentication has recently appeared on Google’s Pixel Slate, it is largely unequipped on other Chromebooks.

Too advanced, user GET does not reach this point

Although Chrome OS has improved in many ways and has a growing share of the U.S. education market, it has to be said that Chrome OS is still too far ahead of schedule, and at this stage there is more room for growth only to wait for the network to “catch up.” But if, after 10 years, can Chrome OS really wait until the network matures?

Media singing decay Chrome OS: The release decade has stalled

“Even with the world’s love for Google’s hardware design team (the Pixelbook is really a great-designed laptop), it’s frustrating to see such great hardware show a platform that’s already starting to decline,” ruddock said. It’s like having a nice house after all the difficulties, but it’s maddening to have Wal-Mart furniture inside. “

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *