The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser is already available for download for platforms such as Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 and macOS. While the new Edge user can install various extensions through the Chrome Web Store, it doesn’t cover themes. After feedback from Edge Insider, Microsoft finally decided to open the theme option, which can be enabled from the command line in the latest Edge Canary channel version.
If you want to install a theme from the Chrome Web Store in an Edge browser, you’ll receive a notification that “Themes and apps are not supported in Microsoft Edge.” The previous solution was to open the edge, and then drag and drop the extension siturned from the Chrome Web Store to the page for installation.
Now users don’t need to bother, just add a command line in the “Target” column of the Edge Canary shortcut. Here’s how:
1. Make sure you are using the latest Canary version 81.0.395.0 or later, right-click its desktop shortcut, select the property,
2. After “msedge.exe” in the Target field, add the following command
–enable-features smsAllowThemeToSfromFromChrome Store
3. Click OK and apply
Install theme from the Chrome Web Store in the Edge browser
1. Visit the Chrome Web Store and navigate to the Topics section
2. Choose one of the topics published by Chrome group or others
3. Click Add to Chrome to install the theme. You may need to reset your Edge browser or uninstall the topic by following the steps mentioned here.