For early adopters and players who bought the founder’s version of Google’s Cloud Streaming service in November 2019, the three-month Stadia Pro free trial will soon be over. At the same time, subscriptions shared with friends through Buddy Pass will soon expire. After that, you will be charged a $10-a-month renewal fee.
(From: TheVerge / Amelia Holowaty Krales)
But what are the consequences of a break for a user who doesn’t want to renew for the time being? Will the purchased game be “written off”? To allay concerns, Google has specifically explained the matter.
(1) After the expiration of the Member’s subscription, you will not be able to access any games provided free of charge;
(2) The game that has been purchased can continue to be used;
(3) Streaming will be limited to 1080p / stereo instead of 4K resolution plus 5.1 surround sound.
All in all, The Stadia Pro’s subscription policy is consistent with Sony PS Plus and Microsoft’s Xbox Live Gold.
In addition, Google said in an interview with TheVerge that even without renewing the Stadia Pro, players will still have access to the Stadia store and other games.
It seems that the company still wants users to continue to access and pay for the Stadia game streaming service in some way, but will not be able to enjoy the privileged discounts for Pro members.
In addition, users can choose to renew Stadia Pro at any time so that purchased games and data saved in the cloud can continue to be accessed.
In the coming months, Google also plans to launch a basic version of The Stadia access to more people. Provided you have the right hardware and Internet connection and are living in the United States or Europe.
If you want to cancel the Stadia Pro auto-renewal, you can always use the Chrome browser or the Stadia mobile app.
(1) Visit stadia.google.com and click on the avatar in the upper right corner of Chrome.
(2) Select ‘Stadia Settings’ in the drop-down menu;
(3) Click ‘Buy and Subscribe’ on the next screen;
(4) Select ‘Unsubscribe’.
The mobile device is doing something similar: first open the Stadia app, tap the avatar near the top right corner, click “Buy” on the next screen, and then press Unsubscribe below the Stadia Pro box.