Historic breakthrough: AMD Ryzen Electric Co., 87% Intel CPU down 10%

After AMD officially launched the Ryzen 3000 series desktop processors last July, the 7nm Zen2 really made AMD CPUs look round, and the rest is natural – the CPU share is rising. Internet users ingebor has been counting AMD, Intel processor sales, revenue and other data on the German e-commerce platform Mindfactory over the past few years.

It’s just an individual data for an appliance vendor, but long-standing persistence has made the list a bellwether for AMD and Intel CPUs, especially DIY channels.

AMD’s CPU first outperformed Intel processors in July 2018, and AMD has been the leading seller since then, and that’s been a problem, and the gap is widening.

Historic breakthrough: AMD Ryzen Electric Co., 87% Intel CPU down 10%

AMD Ryzen processors accounted for 87% of sales in the February 2020 data released by ingebor, leaving only 13% of the room left for friends.

Historic breakthrough: AMD Ryzen Electric Co., 87% Intel CPU down 10%

In terms of sales, AMD accounts for 85 percent and Friends 15 percent, about the same as the two companies, suggesting that the cpu price gap between the two companies is narrowing sharply — which is more important for AMD.

Historic breakthrough: AMD Ryzen Electric Co., 87% Intel CPU down 10%

The two CPUs sold in detail, AMD’s side of the most sales are 55% of the Matisse, that is, the Rylong 3000 series, revenue is accounted for 72%.

On Intel’s side, Coffee Lake Refresh’s sales and revenue are around 90 percent, and the main focus has shifted to Nine Core.

Historic breakthrough: AMD Ryzen Electric Co., 87% Intel CPU down 10%

Finally, the CPU price changes of the two vendors, which is actually the most interesting, because the price changes only reflect the qualitative changes on both sides.

The 13-month price rise and fall between January and February was compiled here, with the average price of Intel CPU at 287.28 euros, down 0.5 percent month-on-month and 9.6 percent from a year earlier.

AMD’s average price was 214.96 euros, down 5.2 percent from the month-on-month and 13.7 percent from a year earlier.

Intel’s nine-generation Core has not been upgraded in more than a year, and a 10% drop in prices means the CPU is gradually cutting prices, while AMD’s side is up 14 percent, mainly because the higher-priced Ryzen 3000 replaced the Ryzen 2000 as the main sales force, driving up the average price.

In short, the trend of price changes shows that AMD is becoming more competitive in the high-priced market, high-end CPUs sold out.